Essential Sewing Techniques – Sunday Jan 28th 1-4pm
A workshop for beginner sewists who know how to use a machine and want to take the next step into making clothes. Learn and practice commonly used sewing techniques essential for garment construction.
In this three hour workshop you will:
- build on your basic sewing machine skills.
- learn terminology commonly found in sewing pattern instructions
- practice essential techniques such as stay-stitching, seam finishing, understitching, clipping and trimming, edge and top stitching, hemming, buttonholes and more!
- understand which stitches and presser feet to use for various techniques.
- make samples of each technique and learn when and how they are used in garment construction
- take home a workbook (included in workshop fee) with a glossary of terms and space to attach your samples
- gain know-how that will make sewing patterns easier to follow
Skill level: You know the fundamentals of operating a sewing machine and can sew simple items. If you are an absolute beginner, it is recommended that you attend our Sewing Machine Basics workshop as a pre requisite. Open to adults and young adults (minimum age 15). Workshops that complement the skill you learn in this one include our Zippers & Buttonholes , Sewing Patterns Demystified and Freestyle Sewing & Fitting Intensive workshops.
We will provide: Pins, scissors, fabric and threads for samples, a workbook with a sewing glossary, and lots of very useful tips and tricks!
Bring along: Your sewing machine if you have one you would prefer to learn on (we have plenty if not).
Booking Policies: Due to our small class numbers our workshops are NON REFUNDABLE and NON TRANSFERABLE. Be sure to familiarise yourself with all our Refund and Cancellation Policies before booking to avoid disappointment.
Payment Options: Credit card via Stripe and Direct Deposit. Our bank details and payID are in the confirmation email you will receive upon booking. Payment by Direct Deposit is required within 24 hours of booking to secure your place.