Sewing Patterns Demystified! 24th July
Want to sew your own clothes from paper patterns, but haven’t a clue what to do with that mysterious wad of paper with lines all over it that’s called a sewing pattern? Then this is the class for you!
In this three hour workshop you will learn to:
- read the vital information about style, sizing and fabric found on the pattern envelope
- take your measurements and choose the size that’s right for you
- understand the various components of the instruction sheet and the pattern pieces (layout, symbols, measurements).
- source, download and print pdf patterns from the internet
- compile and trace home-printed and tissue patterns in preparation for cutting
- layout the pattern on your fabric correctly with minimal waste before pinning and cutting.
- transfer markings and prepare the cut pieces for sewing
- where to find on-trend sewing patterns around Melbourne and online
We will provide: Scissors, handout notes, sample patterns and lots of very useful tips and tricks!
Bring along: A sewing pattern of your choice, fabric to make your pattern from (follow fabric suggestions and meterage on the back of the pattern envelope), sharp cutting scissors if you have some and pins.
Booking Policies: Due to our small class numbers our workshops are NON REFUNDABLE and NON TRANSFERABLE. Be sure to familiarise yourself with all our Refund and Cancellation Policies before booking to avoid disappointment.
NB: If covid related circumstances prevent you from attending on the date you book, you may transfer to the next date this workshop is held. You must be fully vaccinated to attend this workshop.
Payment Options: Paypal using a credit card or Paypal balance. Direct Deposit. Our bank details are in the confirmation email you will receive upon booking. Payment by Direct Deposit is required within 24 hours of booking to secure your place.