Skip to content
Refund and Cancellation Policies
Please read the following information about our Refund & Cancellation Policies and our Booking & Payment Terms and Conditions carefully before you book a course or workshop.
Policies for Courses
- Our courses are very popular and frequently become fully booked well in advance of the start date, so full payment is preferred at the time of the booking.
- If you are booking 6 weeks or more in advance of the course start date, we will accept a deposit of 50% (by direct deposit only) to secure your place. Payment of the balance is required four weeks before the course commences. We will send you a reminder two week before the due date.
- If you choose direct deposit as your payment method, you must pay your deposit (if booking 6 weeks in advance) or the full course fee within 24 hours of booking to secure your place. You will receive our bank details in the automated confirmation email you get immediately after placing your booking (please check your junk folder or contact us if you do not receive a confirmation email). . Your booking cannot be guaranteed if payment does not show up in our bank account within 2 working days.
- If you can no longer attend the course you have booked, you MUST notify us at least four weeks before the date your course commences to receive a full refund.
- A class requires a minimum number of attendants to go ahead. Your cancellation may mean the class is unable to go ahead therefore causing other participants to miss out.
- An administration fee of 33% will be deducted from your refund if you cancel 2 – 4 weeks before your course commences.
- You will forfeit your course fee payment if you cancel your booking less than two weeks before commencement of your course.
- You may transfer your course booking to the next term if you notify us no later than four weeks before your course commences.
- We are unable to refund or transfer your course fee if you decide to discontinue your attendance in the course you have enrolled in. If there are extenuating circumstances we can discuss your options.
- If you have to miss classes during your term-long course for any reason, we allow ONE make-up class to be taken on another day (at our discretion and only if there is availability). Make-ups MUST be taken during the term your are enrolled in and CANNOT be carried over to future terms. We are unable to offer make-up classes for our Short Courses (4 weeks duration).
- Missed classes are NOT REFUNDABLE nor are they transferable to future courses or workshops.
Policies for Workshops
- Full payment is required at the time of booking a workshop. If you choose direct deposit as your payment method, you MUST make payment within 24 hours of booking to secure your place. You will receive our bank details in the automated confirmation email you will get immediately after placing your booking (please check your junk folder or contact us if you do not receive a confirmation email). Your booking CANNOT be guaranteed if payment does not show up in our bank account within 2 working days.
- Bookings are final and NO REFUNDS are available. We recommend that you double check your dates before you book and block the date of the workshop out in your diary.
- Non-attendance under any circumstances forfeits the fee paid. A friend or family member is welcome to take you place if you are unable to attend.
- If we can fill your spot from a waiting list, your booking may be transferred to a later date as long you notify us NO LATER than two weeks before the scheduled date of the workshop you have booked.
- A class requires a minimum number of attendants to go ahead. Your cancellation may mean the class is unable to go ahead therefore causing other participants to miss out and a teacher to be cancelled at the last minute leaving us and the teacher out of pocket.
If we Have to Cancel a Workshop or Course
- Our workshops and courses require minimum numbers to ensure we cover our costs. Very occasionally, we are forced to cancel a workshop or course due to low bookings.
- If we have to cancel a class you have booked, you will be notified 48 hours prior to the time of your workshop.
- We will offer you a full refund, or a credit towards a future course or workshop. If you choose the option of a credit, this is valid for twelve months from the date of the cancelled workshop.
- Gift vouchers are valid for twelve months from the date of purchase.
- If a course, workshop or private session has been specified on a gift voucher, any increase in price that may have occurred between the time of purchase and use of the voucher must be covered by the student.
©2022 School of Sewing & Upcycling. All rights reserved.