- You cannot add "Learn to Sew One-Day Workshop: Make a Box Top!" to the cart because the product is out of stock.
Sewing Pattern Basics Workshop
PLEASE NOTE: If the date of this workshop is affected by a lockdown or other Covid 19 restrictions imposed by the Victorian Government, we will reschedule. If the rescheduled date does not work for you, we are happy to offer you a full refund or a credit towards a future class.
Want to sew your own clothes from paper patterns, but haven’t a clue what to do with that mysterious wad of paper with lines all over it that’s called a sewing pattern? Then this is the class for you!
In this three hour workshop you will learn to:
- read the vital information about style, sizing and fabric found on the pattern envelope
- take your measurements and choose the size that’s right for you
- understand the various components of the instruction sheet and the pattern pieces (layout, symbols, measurements).
- source, download and print pdf patterns from the internet
- compile and trace home-printed and tissue patterns in preparation for cutting
- layout the pattern on your fabric correctly with minimal waste before pinning and cutting.
- transfer markings and prepare the cut pieces for sewing
- where to find on-trend sewing patterns around Melbourne and online
We will provide: Scissors, handout notes, sample patterns and lots of very useful tips and tricks!
Bring along: A sewing pattern of your choice, fabric to make your pattern from (follow fabric suggestions and meterage on the back of the pattern envelope), sharp cutting scissors if you have some. Pins (we have good quality pins available for sale at $3 a box)
Our small class numbers (maximum 6 students) allow your teacher to give each student lots of personalised attention.
For students keen to start make clothing and other items using sewing patterns,
Where: At our bright, airy and spacious sewing school: Level 1, 9/131 Hyde St, Footscray. You will receive more info about the workshop and staying Covid safe 7- 10 days before the scheduled date
When: Sunday 27th June 2pm – 5pm
Getting here: We are located in the Hyde Business Park close to Yarraville Gardens. 6 minutes walk (550 metres) from Seddon Station or 10 mins walk from Footscray Station straight up Hyde St.
The 409 bus runs up Hyde St between Yarraville and Highpoint Shopping Centre (via Footscray) There are stops very close to us.
There is street parking in Hyde St and customer parking behind the complex in Cowper St. See our Contact Page for a map.
Policies and payment options: You can choose to make payment via Paypal using a credit card, or by Direct Deposit. You will find our bank details in your booking confirmation email. If you don’t receive an email upon booking please check your Junk folder.
Due to our small class numbers our workshops are NON REFUNDABLE and NON TRANSFERABLE.
Be sure to familiarise yourself with all our Refund and Cancellation Policies before booking to avoid disappointment. By booking this workshop you are agreeing to these policies. NB. These policies will be waived in the case of covid related circumstances (lockdowns, illness, testing, need to quarantine etc.)
Please contact us if you have any questions or would like more information about anything in this listing.
Out of stock