Sewing Machine Basics Workshop Sunday 31st October 10am – 1pm (1 SPOT LEFT!)
PLEASE NOTE: All students are required to be fully vaccinated to attend this workshop. Class numbers will be limited to 6 to meet density requirements.I
f the date of this workshop is affected by a lockdown or other Covid 19 restrictions imposed by the Victorian Government, we will reschedule. If the rescheduled date does not work for you, we are happy to offer you a full refund or a credit towards a future class.
A three hour workshop for absolute beginners who want to learn to sew using a sewing machine.
– are considering buying a machine but want to give sewing a try first
– have recently purchased a sewing machine but haven’t taken it out of the box yet
– have a lovely old machine you’ve inherited or picked up second-hand, languishing in a cupboard
– just want to learn the handy skill of using a sewing machine
then this is the class for you!
In this three hour workshop you will learn:
- about the various parts of your sewing machine and understand what they do
- to set up your sewing machine and prepare the threads ready to start sewing
- the uses of the various machine feet and other accessories
- to stitch straight lines and curves and adjust stitch types for various uses
- to sew and finish seams and hems
- what to look for when purchasing a sewing machine
- to make a cushion cover or similar item
Skill level: Absolute beginner. You do not need any sewing experience to take this workshop. Open to adults and young adults (minimum age 15yo).
We will provide: All fabrics and threads for sampling and our project. Sewing machines and sewing equipment if you don’t have your own, handout notes and essential sewing skills!
Bring along: – Your own sewing machine if you would like to learn on that
– a basic sewing kit if you have one. Please bring a box of pins at a minimum.
We sell Starter Packs containing a basic sewing kit for $30. We also sell pins, snips, seam rippers, thread, tape measures etc as single items.
Where: At our bright, airy and spacious sewing school: Level 1, 9/131 Hyde St, Footscray.
NB. We are on the first floor up 12 steps. We can help you carry up your machine if needed.
When: Sunday 31st October 10am – 1pm
Getting here: We are located in the Hyde Business Park close to Yarraville Gardens. 5 minutes walk (550 metres) from Seddon Station or 12 mins walk from Footscray Station straight up Hyde St. The 409 bus runs up Hyde St between Yarraville and Highpoint.
There is street parking in Hyde St and customer parking behind the complex in Cowper St. See our Contact Page for a map.
NB. There is no visitor parking inside the business park but you can drive in to drop off/pick up things and people if required.
Policies and payment options: You can choose to make payment via Paypal using a credit card, or by Direct Deposit. You will find our bank details in your booking confirmation email. If you don’t receive an email upon booking please check your Junk folder.
Due to our small class numbers our workshops are NON REFUNDABLE and NON TRANSFERABLE.
Be sure to familiarise yourself with all our Refund and Cancellation Policies before booking to avoid disappointment. By booking this workshop you are agreeing to these policies. NB. These policies will be waived in the case of covid related circumstances (lockdowns, illness, testing, need to quarantine etc.)
Please contact us if you have any questions or would like more information about anything in this listing.
1 in stock