Sewing Machine Basics: Sunday 7th January 1-4pm
A three-hour introductory workshop for absolute beginners.
If you are considering buying a machine or have recently purchased one new or second hand; have an old machine languishing in the cupboard; or just want to learn a useful new skill — then this is the class for you!
In this three hour workshop you will learn:
- about the various parts of your sewing machine and understand what they do
- to set up your sewing machine and prepare the threads ready to start sewing
- the uses of the various machine feet and other accessories
- to stitch straight lines and curves and adjust stitch types for various uses
- to sew and finish seams and hems
- what to look for when purchasing a sewing machine
Skill level: Absolute beginner. No sewing knowledge required. Open to adults and young adults (minimum age 13 years). After taking this workshop you can continue to build your skills by attending our Essential Sewing Techniques , Zippers & Buttonholes or Sewing Patterns Demystified workshops.
We will provide: All fabrics and threads for sampling and for sewing our project. Sewing machines if you don’t have, or are unable to bring your own. Sewing equipment and handout notes. We sell Starter Packs containing a quality range of essential sewing items for $55.
Booking Policies: Due to our small class numbers our workshops are NON REFUNDABLE and NON TRANSFERABLE. Be sure to familiarise yourself with all our Refund and Cancellation Policies before booking to avoid disappointment.
Payment Options: Credit card via Stripe and Direct Deposit. Our bank details and payID are in the confirmation email you will receive upon booking. Payment by Direct Deposit is required within 24 hours of booking to secure your place.