Sew a Garment In a Day Sunday 28th Oct 10am – 4.30pm
Learn how to sew your own clothes using a commercial sewing pattern in this Sew a Garment One Day Workshop. You will make a 3 piece lined, pencil or A-line skirt with a back zipper in your size and learn the skills you need to get started on your own clothing projects.
In this six hour workshop you will learn:
- how to prepare and sew together a piece of clothing using a commercial sewing pattern
- to layout a pattern in a way that minimises fabric waste using the principal of straight grain
- to follow the methods and steps laid out in your patterns instruction sheets.
- more about your sewing machine
- to attach lining and a waistband, insert a zip and finish garment professionally
- to press (iron) during the construction process for a quality finish.
Sewing is a wonderful life skill to possess. Being able to mend, alter, or make your own clothes and homewares from scratch can save you money, reduce your impact on the environment and give you enormous pleasure and pride. You will find that you value and cherish the things you make for years to come. Gaining confidence in using a sewing machine is the first step to realising any number of textile projects. From clothes making and crafting to incorporating sewn textiles into your creative practice knowing how to use a sewing machine is a must!
If you would like more information please contact us. A minimum of four students is required for the workshop to go ahead.