Learn to Sew One-Day Workshop: Make a Box Top! 29th August 10am – 4.30pm
Learn to use a sewing machine then make a box top with your newfound skills!
Our Learn to Sew One-Day Workshop is pitched at absolute beginners. You will gain the confidence to begin making clothes, homewares and crafts on the sewing machine.
– are considering buying a machine but want to give sewing a try first
– have recently purchased a sewing machine but haven’t taken it out of the box yet
– have a lovely old machine you’ve inherited or picked up second-hand, languishing in a cupboard
then this is the class for you!
In our Learn to Sew One-Day Workshop (6.5 hrs duration) you will learn:
- about the various parts of your sewing machine and understand what they do
- to set up your sewing machine and prepare the threads ready to start sewing
- to stitch straight lines and curves and adjust stitch types for various uses
- to sew and finish seams and hems
- to cut out and construct a simple box top
We will provide: Sewing machines and all other equipment, beverages, handout notes and lots of very useful tips and tricks!
Bring along: Your own sewing machine if you would like to learn on that (we have plenty if you don’t own one). Your sewing kit if you have one. Fabric for your garment (or we can provide fabric for an additional $12) Your teacher will give you more info about fabric requirements closer to the date of the workshop.
Where: At our bright, airy and spacious sewing school: Level 1, 9/131 Hyde St, Footscray.
When: 10am – 4.30 (including a 45 minute lunch break).
Getting here: We are located in the Hyde St Business Park close to Yarraville Gardens. 6 minutes walk (550 metres) from Seddon Station or 10 mins walk from Footscray Station straight up Hyde St. There is street parking in Hyde St and customer parking behind the complex in Cowper St. See our Contact Page for a map.
Policies and Payment Options: Due to our small class numbers we have strict Refund and Cancellation Policies Be sure to familiarise yourself with them before booking to avoid disappointment. By booking this course you are agreeing to these policies.
You can choose to make payment via Paypal using a credit card, or by Direct Deposit. You will find our bank details in your booking confirmation email. If you don’t receive an email upon booking please check your Junk folder.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or would like more information