Learn to Sew One Day Workshop Sunday 23rd September 10am – 4.30pm
Learn the essential stitches and techniques you need to begin making your own clothes in this one day intensive Learn to Sew one day workshop. You will make a simple top or pants in your size and learn the skills you need to get started on your own projects.
NB, If you already know your way around a sewing machine you might want to consider taking our Beyond Basics Learn to Sew Intensive where we take things up a notch!
In this six hour workshop you will learn:
- about the various parts of your sewing machine and understand what they do
- to set up your sewing machine and prepare the threads ready to start sewing
- to stitch straight lines and curves and adjust stitch types for various uses
- to sew and finish seams, hems and a casing
- to read and cut out a sewing pattern
- to sew a simple item of clothing (top or pants) from woven fabric
Sewing is a wonderful life skill to possess. Being able to mend, alter, or make your own clothes and homewares from scratch can save you money, reduce your impact on the environment and give you enormous pleasure and pride. You will find that you value and cherish the things you make for years to come. Gaining confidence in using a sewing machine is the first step to realising any number of textile projects. From clothes making and crafting to incorporating sewn textiles into your creative practice knowing how to use a sewing machine is a must!
If you would like more information please contact us. A minimum of four students is required for the workshop to go ahead.