Sewing Machine Basic Private Workshop
An 3 hour long workshop for budding sewists wanting to learn how to use a sewing machine.
– are considering buying a machine but want to give sewing a try first
– have recently purchased a sewing machine but haven’t taken it out of the box yet
– have a lovely old machine you’ve inherited or picked up second-hand, languishing in a cupboard
– just want to learn the handy skill of using a sewing machine
then this is the class for you!
In this three hour workshop you will learn:
- about the various parts of your sewing machine and understand what they do
- to set up your sewing machine and prepare the threads ready to start sewing
- the uses of the various machine feet and other accessories
- to stitch straight lines and curves and adjust stitch types for various uses
- to sew and finish seams and hems
- what to look for when purchasing a sewing machine
- to make a cushion cover or similar item
Skill level: Absolute beginner. If you would like to learn sewing techniques for making clothes may wish to attend our Essential Sewing Techniques workshop on the same date, running 2pm – 5pm.
We will provide: Sewing machines and all other equipment, snacks, and handout notes and lots of very useful tips and tricks!
Bring along: Your own sewing machine if you would like to learn on that and your sewing kit if you have one. Any remnant fabric you would like to use to make a tote bag and/or cushion. If you don’t have fabric, we have plenty on hand!
Where: At our recently relocated bright, airy and spacious sewing school: Level 1, 9/131 Hyde St, Footscray.
Getting here: We are located in the Hyde Business Park close to Yarraville Gardens. 5 minutes walk (550 metres) from Seddon Station or 12 mins walk from Footscray Station straight up Hyde St. The 409 bus runs up Hyde St between Yarraville and Highpoint.
There is street parking in Hyde St and customer parking behind the complex in Cowper St. See our Contact Page for a map.
NB. There is no visitor parking inside the business park but you can drive in to drop off/pick up things and people if required.
Our workshops are NON REFUNDABLE and NON TRANSFERABLE.
Please familiarise yourself with all our Refund and Cancellation Policies before booking. By booking this workshop you are agreeing to these policies.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or would like more information
Out of stock