Essential Sewing Techniques Sunday 23rd February 2pm – 5pm
A workshop for beginner sewers who know how to use a machine and want to take the next step into making clothes.
Learn and practice commonly used sewing techniques essential for garment construction.
In this three hour workshop you will:
- extend your basics sewing machine skills.
- learn terminology commonly found in sewing pattern instructions
- practice essential techniques such as stay-stitching, seam finishing, understitching, clipping and trimming, edge and top stitching, hemming, buttonholes and more!
- understand which stitches and presser feet to use for various techniques.
- make samples of each technique and learn when and how they are used in garment construction
- take home a workbook (included in workshop fee) with a glossary of terms and space to attach your samples
- gain know-how that will make sewing patterns easier to follow
Skill level: You know the fundamentals of operating a sewing machine and can sew simple items.
We will provide: Pins, scissors, fabric and threads for samples, a workbook with a sewing glossary, and lots of very useful tips and tricks!
Bring along: Your sewing machine if you have one you would prefer to learn on (we have plenty if not).
Where: At our recently relocated bright, airy and spacious sewing school: Level 1, 9/131 Hyde St, Footscray.
When: Sunday 23rd February 2pm – 5pm
Getting here: We are located in the Hyde Business Park close to Yarraville Gardens. 6 minutes walk (550 metres) from Seddon Station or 10 mins walk from Footscray Station straight up Hyde St.
The 409 bus runs up Hyde St between Yarraville and Highpoint Shopping Centre (via Footscray) There are stops very close to us.
There is street parking in Hyde St and customer parking behind the complex in Cowper St. See our Contact Page for a map.
NB Our workshops are NON REFUNDABLE and NON TRANSFERABLE.
Please familiarise yourself with all our Refund and Cancellation Policies before booking. By booking this workshop you are agreeing to these policies.