Bias Binding from Start to Finishing (3hrs)
Out of stock
Learn a variety of finishing techniques on garments using versatile bias binding! Also known as bias tape, this very useful fabric trim creates a sleek finish on necklines, armholes and seams.
In this workshop you will learn:
- easy ways to make your own bias binding/tape from scratch with and without a binding tape maker
- different methods for preparing and applying a bias facing to finish a neckline
- techniques for ensuring your bias facing sits flat without sagging or pulling
- how to create a colour-pop trim by binding raw edges on garments and homewares
- about the types of pre-made purchased binding.
- how to bind seams Hong Kong style
- different ways to neatly join binding ends.
- a range of practical and professional methods for making and using bindings. You will take home a bunch of samples to refer to for your future sewing adventures.
Skill level: You know the fundamentals of threading and operating a sewing machine and can sew simple items. If you are an absolute beginner, it is recommended that you attend one of our Sewing Machine Basics workshops as a pre requisite for enrolling in this workshop.
We will provide: All materials and equipment for making and sewing bias binding. Pre-cut sample pieces for practicing different ways of finishing straight and curved edges with bias tape.
Bring along: Your sewing machine if you have one you would prefer to learn on (we have plenty if not).
Where: At our bright, airy and spacious sewing school: Level 1, 9/131 Hyde St, Footscray.
When: Sunday 28th February 2 – 5pm
Getting here: We are located in the Hyde Business Park close to Yarraville Gardens. 6 minutes walk (550 metres) from Seddon Station or 10 mins walk from Footscray Station straight up Hyde St.
The 409 bus runs up Hyde St between Yarraville and Highpoint Shopping Centre (via Footscray) There are stops very close to us.
There is street parking in Hyde St and customer parking behind the complex in Cowper St. See our Contact Page for a map.
Policies and payment options: You can choose to make payment via Paypal using a credit card, or by Direct Deposit. You will find our bank details in your booking confirmation email. If you don’t receive an email upon booking please check your Junk folder.
Due to our small class numbers our workshops are NON REFUNDABLE and NON TRANSFERABLE.
Be sure to familiarise yourself with all our Refund and Cancellation Policies before booking to avoid disappointment. By booking this workshop you are agreeing to these policies. NB. These policies will be waived in the case of covid related circumstances (lockdowns, illness, testing, need to quarantine etc.)
Please contact us if you have any questions or would like more information about anything in this listing.