Community & Corporate
We deliver customised sewing and textile workshops to community organisations, corporate workplaces and the public sector with an emphasis on upcycling and sustainability. Groups will enjoy a fun, social sewing session, gain practical skills that can save them money and learn how to reduce their impact on the environment.
Your tutor Gaye Naismith has over 35 years of sewing and dressmaking experience and possesses extensive knowledge of machine and hand stitching techniques. Gaye is deeply committed to sustainable and local production, and the re-use and re-purposing of preloved textiles, an ethos she applies to her brand, her teaching, her art practice and her lifestyle.
Some Workshop Ideas:
- Visible mending
- Alteration and repair sewing bees
- Make a retro bag from upcycled fabrics
- Sewing machine basics
- Introduction to paper sewing patterns
- Sew your own clothes – beginners and beyond
- Slow Sewing – Make and fix garments by hand.
- Homewares from preloved textiles
- Wardrobe revival
- Crafting with upcycled textiles
- Sewing for children
For more information and rates, please contact email@example.com